lichess.org
Donate

Art of Horde | 2 | Achieving the Aim

1. I would not include playing in tournaments (or any other game) in training, due to the lack of professionalism of the horde (lack of monetary income), studying should be for the game, not a game for studying
2.Because of the possibility of zugzwang at any stage of the game, I treat each hand as an endgame (although it is worth distinguishing between them)
3.(until recently) all 2700+ players were able to play very quickly - do those who are not capable of this, for example hyperbullet chess, need to train to play quickly?
@Filippov_Anton said in #11:
> 1. I would not include playing in tournaments (or any other game) in training, due to the lack of professionalism of the horde (lack of monetary income), studying should be for the game, not a game for studying
> 2.Because of the possibility of zugzwang at any stage of the game, I treat each hand as an endgame (although it is worth distinguishing between them)
> 3.(until recently) all 2700+ players were able to play very quickly - do those who are not capable of this, for example hyperbullet chess, need to train to play quickly?

1. but chess has almost no (net) monetary outcome either. horde is a game of philosophy

2. what about rook shuffle on move 3? do you just think of it as a really long endgame? what happens when the shuffling zugzwang stops? does it turn from an endgame to a middlegame?

3. well no because we dont care about hyperbullet players and well i honestly dont know how to train hyperbullet efficiently...i assume it is mostly a neurological thing, and maybe a mindset thing like knowing how to play solid or trick moves without thinking at the same time, or without playing on position
@Kofeynya said in #12:

> 2. what about rook shuffle on move 3? do you just think of it as a really long endgame? what happens when the shuffling zugzwang stops? does it turn from an endgame to a middlegame?
>
> 3. well no because we dont care about hyperbullet players and well i honestly dont know how to train hyperbullet efficiently...i assume it is mostly a neurological thing, and maybe a mindset thing like knowing how to play solid or trick moves without thinking at the same time, or without playing on position

2.in chess it’s not always zungzwang either. To me, subjectively, most positions in the midgame are more reminiscent of a multi-piece endgame. Without castling and attacks on the king, but with complex interaction of pieces and pawn attacks
3.Before, even with the addition, I got into time trouble and made mistakes and even lost the flag. But (a little) game of 1+0 chess and I'm relatively confident in time pressure. I think it won't hurt some newbies either.
There are players who consistently get into time trouble, just recently this was the case with wildcats
regarding the 1+0 topic i disagree with you when you say that it could help newbies who have time management problems

my theory is that what is going on, why there are people who struggle with time management but seem otherwise strong, is (my belief) wildecats is not authentic and same with researchhorde in correspondence..but i could be wrong

i dont think 1+0 could possibly ever be good for anybody's training for blitz horde, i think the longer the better.

if you are worried about people who struggle with time pressure well i think most of those people are NOT authentic and i also think the ones who are can improve their time management largely by improving understanding of the game so that they know what is the right move to make in seconds.

carlsen said something like this that he knows the strategically correct move in 98% of positions in less than a second but spends a lot of time calculating because it doesnt hurt him in a classical time control to make 100% sure that it is safe as opposed to being 99% sure that it is safe

your definition of endgame does not seem like it would help us play better or train better, it feels like you see the chessboard as a "32 piece tablebase" in other words that the whole game is an endgame.

the problem with this is that such definition seems to make no progress in our understanding unless perhaps you want to use it to argue that abstract understanding is ultimately more important than concrete movements on the average or something

mindhunter i believe is not authentic either but said that u will enjoy the game more with a mindset like that but i disagree
"Perfectionism takes a lot of time; in chess, it makes you slower. Can perfectionism be eliminated or reduced?"

Answer: Yes, perfectionism can be reduced or managed. Here are some tips to help with that:

Build Self-Confidence: Understand that perfectionism often stems from a strong desire for self-criticism and fear of making mistakes. Try to build self-confidence and be aware of your skills and knowledge.

Set Realistic Goals: Instead of seeking perfect moves in chess, set realistic goals for each game. Accept that mistakes are inevitable and focus on doing your best rather than striving for perfection.

Time Management: Set a time limit for each move. This forces you to think faster and make decisions instead of dwelling on each option for too long.

Practice Relaxation Techniques: Learn relaxation techniques like breathing exercises or meditation to reduce anxiety about mistakes and stay focused on the game.

See Mistakes as Learning Opportunities: Consider mistakes as opportunities to learn. Every chess move, whether good or bad, can provide valuable insights for future games.

Play More Often: The more you practice chess, the better you'll become. By playing more frequently, you'll gain confidence in your decisions and become less perfectionistic.

Professional Help: If your perfectionism is severe and significantly affecting your life, consider seeking professional help from a psychologist or therapist.

It's important to note that perfectionism isn't always negative. In some cases, it can lead to high performance (Wildecats). However, it can also be stressful and diminish the enjoyment of activities like chess. Finding the right balance between perfectionism and pragmatic thinking can help you use your time more effectively and improve your chess skills.
Looks like a ChatGPT answer with your personal ribbon tied into a bow - wildecats. :-)